She did my 1 targeted brain-radiation treatment, using the (expensive) technology GammaKnife at Swedish Cherry Hill, collaborating closely with my neurosurgeon Dr Greg Foltz. She also designs treatment using CyberKnife, another targeted rations.
I hear a distinct sign of respect when other medical professionals talk about her. Dr. Vermeulen is the co-director of the Seattle CyberKnife Center. I get the sense that designing treatment plans for targeted radiation takes even more brain cells that designing regular radiation plans.
She's also very warm - she'll touch your knee when you have an appointment with her, and she gave me a hug when I finished my one treatment ... and then her staff gave me my graduation certificate.
The whole office is very nicely decorated, like a spa, with an Oriental theme. I'd bet she had something to do with that too.
A friend from the Buddhist Center is a long-time friend of "Sandy's" and is now a nurse for her.
Profile: http://www.swedish.org/Physicians/Sandra-Vermeulen
There's also a nice video of her at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_EUTWRySDY
You can even catch a glance of Foltz, in a white doctor coat with his arm on the back of her chair.
