Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reiki: Arjuna Barton

She's a long-time healer. Her "day job" is massage.
This tells you something: She does Reiki on her day off, by donation only.
Know that she's "Sangha" to me - part of my Buddhist community. I have a special connection with her, because we did a special, month-plus-long retreat together.

If you live in the Seattle area and you'd like Reiki with Arjuna, contact me and I will put you in touch.

Here's a journal entry I wrote about my first visit (I have more scheduled):
I'd never had Reiki before. Only regular massage.
"It may sound a bit 'woo woo' for some of you. I'd say it's worth trying. It is literally no pressure.

First we talked about what's going on with me and my health. Arjuna sometimes rested her hands on me, but sometimes she was just in the "field" around me, directing the energy. It lasted more than an hour.
The whole atmosphere was very relaxing, like other massage or acupuncture offices I've been in: quiet, dark, comfy - just lying on the table for an hour was so restful.

Here's an explanation from Reiki.org: 'Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing.' I decided to get it because it can be very strange getting brain radiation, taking Decadron, and getting Cisplatin chemo (tinnitus). I thought it might help with all that weird energy.

I like the democratic philosophy of Reiki - anyone can learn it and payment is traditionally by donation. If you go to a spa, tho, you can pay $100 or more.

By the way, I mentioned it to my oncologist, just to keep him informed, and he said anything that if it feels good, it's worth doing. I love him.

[Still to come: hopefully a photo of Arjuna.]